Do or Do Not

This is another blog-post after quite a hiatus. I've been wanting to write my blogs regularly, but I never really put in the time and effort to scribble down the wonderful moments that pass by. Drafts remain drafts, thoughts remain unwritten, dreams remain un-materialized, resolutions remain unfulfilled, yet, the precious time passes by lavishly spent. I wish I could change the verb to 'utilized' and the adverb to 'meaningfully'.

Last few months of my life are being spent in quite some comfort. Having received a assistantship at grad school I didn't have to worry about my day to day expenses. Having received a good internship, I don't have to think much about spending with a loose hand either. But at the end of the day I do have to think about getting a good sleep. Now one would wonder why would this well-to-do person worry about his sleep. Its not about a sleep I worry, its about not having a smile on my face before I sleep I worry about. Life is providing me with all comforts that one could think of, but a question that haunts me continuously is am I doing justice to what life is blessing me with.

Making that website, starting that business, building that app I thought of, having a perfect body, being proficient in a new language and all those wonderful things that I think of remain stuck at the back of my head. Nothing really materializes. Whats missing? The motivation or is it the sense of direction? Or is it just a stupid mental block. Whatever it is, it must go. Assuming a life expectancy of 80 years, I've lived more than one-fourth of it. Thinking about the ride before the 22 year milestone I have much to talk about, but as I see the 25 year milestone at a stone throw distance, I have begun to wonder where did I miss the last 3 of them! Am I zooming by without really enjoying the ride? Now that I think, it definitely seems so. Things have definitely happened, but they've happened less often and it doesn't feel right. Its time to slow down a little bit and take some time to appreciate the opportunity of this moment and grab it every single time.

It would be such a waste if the dreams go unfulfilled in the shadow of complacency. Words truly have little meaning when they are not accompanied by action. Shallow words, even to yourself become very heavy if they are not supported by pillars of action. The weight keeps on building on as more and more shallow words are spoken, and you never know when your self confidence gets crushed under that weight. Before it happens, actions must be taken.



Comments

  1. Fantastic..you gave vent to almost all the thoughts I had in mind! Cheers to a life full of potential!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Going 7 days without food

The Introvert

Sony Ericsson Xperia mini ST15i review